Personal Information Collection Statement
Madera Yoga (“the centre” or “we”)
We have created this Statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy and to disclose our information gathering and dissemination practices.
Manner of Collection
We primarily collect personal information directly by requesting that you complete forms or questionnaires, and also in connection with provision of services, activities or facilities to you at your request.
We may also collect information regarding your Internet Protocol address, browser type, domain name and access time.
Personal Data which may be collected
From time to time, it is necessary for you to supply us with different categories of personal information in connection with our provision of services, activities and facilities, depending on the nature of the services, activities and facilities offered. The personal information we collect may include (but is not limited to) your name, age, title, position, address, contact number (including mobile phone and fax numbers) and email address. The personal information may also relate to other persons relevant to the information, services, activities or facilities you have requested, for example, personal information of your children or other family members. The provision of personal data or any information is voluntary, but any failure to supply the necessary personal data or information requested may result in us being unable to process your requests or provide the services, activities and facilities requested by you.
Certain education or other programmes or activities offered by Madera Yoga. Such activities are also conducted during operating hours of the Centre and guests other than the participants will be able to observe the encounter. For this reason, there are chances that a participant may be photographed by our staff or other participants of such activities or guests within the Centre. It is therefore a condition that each participant of such activities unconditionally agrees to be photographed by our staff or other participants or guests during the course of the activities. Submission of the application to participate in the relevant activities constitutes acceptance of this condition by the applicant.
We may also generate and compile information about you. Personal data and other information provided by you or generated and compiled by us about you from time to time is collectively referred to as “Your Information”.
Use of Your Information
We may use Your Information for one or more of the following purposes from time to time:
- providing and processing applications or requests for services, activities and facilities, including but not limited to the purchase of Madera Yoga packages and applications for workshop /activities of Madera Yoga and for Memberships, operation of our website and matters relating to the administration, management, operation and maintenance of the same;
- communicating with you, including but not limited to responding to your requests for information, services, activities and facilities;
- designing and offering promotions, surveys and/or events;
- marketing products, services, activities, facilities;
- tailoring your experience at our website, showing content of interest, displaying the content according to your preferences by use of demographic information;
- diagnosing problems with our server and administering our website by use of your Internet Protocol address;
- conducting internal statistical research and analysis;
- making disclosure when required by any law, court order, direction, code or guideline applicable in or outside Hong Kong;
- investigating and handling complaints or cases involving the Centre, or any of our guests or
website users; and
- preventing, detecting or investigating suspicious or illegal activities.
Disclosure of Your Information
We value all personal information received and do our best to maintain its privacy. Except with your prior consent or as required by law, we will not transfer or disclose Your Information to any third party except that we may transfer or disclose Your Information in or outside Hong Kong as stated below (and we will not transfer Your Information to another party for it to use in direct marketing):
- our subsidiaries, associated companies and/or business associations;
- any personnel, agent, adviser, auditor, contractor or service provider who provides services or advice to us in connection with our operations as required to enable us to provide, or assist us in providing, the services, activities or facilities you have requested;
- if you consent or do not object to our use of Your Information in direct marketing (please see further details in “Use of Your Information in Direct Marketing” section below), our marketing communications and operations partners with whom we share information for the purpose of providing you with special offers and information;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to us; and
- any person to whom we are required to make disclosure under any law, court order, direction, code or guideline applicable in or outside Hong Kong.
You should note that as we have no control over the acts of any third party that is not our agent (e.g. any governmental agency to whom we are required to disclose Your Information), the privacy protection stated in this Statement ceases to apply to any information which has been disclosed to such a third party in accordance with this Statement. We endeavour to deal only with responsible third parties but assume no responsibility for the privacy protection provided by such third parties.
Use of Your Information in Direct Marketing
We are allowed to use Your Information in direct marketing only if you consent or do not object. In connection with direct marketing, we intend:
- to use your name, contact details, customer profiling information, services, products and activities portfolio information and transaction pattern and behaviour collected, compiled, generated or held by us from time to time; and
- to market and promote the products, services, activities, facilities, course package, promotions and/or events relating to the Centre or our business associations and partners, including:
- our membership reward scheme and other offerings
- in-centre food and beverage promotions
- in-centre retail products promotions
- family, educational or recreational activities
- news and updates on the Centre’s facilities
- special events or special programmes
- course package purchasing and related information